June 2019 Meeting of Colton Parish Council
- The North West Ambulance Service attended the June Parish meeting as they are looking for volunteers to provide first response in our area. Full training is given and the hours are flexible – and can be as few or as many as you can give. To find out more visit www.nwas.nhs.uk/volunteer
- The new South Lakeland Councillor Ian Wharton attended the meeting, and he is very keen to support the Parish community. You can contact him by email Ian.Wharton@southlakeland.gov.uk .
- Highways – the tragic accident on the A590 on the 23rd May and the resulting traffic disruption across South Lakeland and Furness was discussed. The Parish Council has written a joint letter with Cllrs Willis and Brereton to the County Council, the Police and Crime Commissioner and to Tim Farron MP to ask for better planning for such emergencies. The issue is to be raised at the next area Highways Agency Committee.
- Parish Lengthsman, Archie Workman continues his good work unblocking drains across the parish. At this time of year he is also busy strimming our verges. If you have any request for work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playground Improvements – the Parish Council has submitted an application to the Big Lottery to fund the resurfacing of the Bouth Village Green Playpark and has also received £500 from the Epic Man Event that took place in our Parish towards the improvements.
- The next Parish meeting will be 15th July at 7pm at Rusland Reading Room, all welcome, Chair’s surgery from 6.30
For more information on any issue please contact email@example.com Suzanne Pender 07501 806298