The NHS Test and Trace app is now ready to download.
The national NHS Test and Trace App is now available. The app is key part of the country’s fight against COVID-19.
Cumbrians are being strongly encouraged to download the app to their smartphones now. The app is available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store via https://www.covid19.nhs.uk
The app will be used, alongside traditional contact tracing, to notify users if they come into contact with someone who later tests positive for coronavirus.
The app will also help local authorities understand if the virus is spreading in their area, helping them to respond quickly to stop it spreading further and save lives. The app does this while protecting a user’s anonymity. Nobody, including the government, will know who or where a particular user is.
What the app does
The app provides a number of functions:
- Contact tracing – alerting you if you have been near other app users who have tested positive
- Local alerts – lets you know the level of risk in your postcode district
- Check-in – check-in to venues and get alerted if you may have come into contact with a positive case
- Symptoms – check your symptoms
- Test – book a test and get your results via the app
- Isolate – keep track of your self-isolation and access advice